October 22, 2012

Rain, rain

After about 90 days without rain, a PDX record, we’ve officially entered the rainy season.  Of course after experiencing perhaps the nicest summer PTown has experienced since I’ve lived here, I’m doing my best to take the rain in stride.  My goal is to make it to Thanksgiving before I start complaining about the rain.   

Truth be told, I was ready for fall.  I love summer, but I had a whole closet of fall accessories waiting for their turn in the spotlight.  Or “rainlight,” if you will.  I own at least six different rain coats.  All different weights, fabrics and rain repellant-ness.  No, seven jackets I think.  I have two rain jackets specifically for running in the rain.  And hot pink rain boots.   

The leaves have started to change color, fall off the trees and make a huge mess on my car.  The mornings are brisk and I have to wear a jacket (I told you, I’m a sucker for accessories).  My umbrella is once again a staple in my purse.  Although not so much an accessory as I finally broke down and bought the one with the lifetime warranty (that might be the final step of officially becoming a Portlander).  College football rules Saturday TV and my Beavs are 6-0.   

Best of all, the rain makes it really easy to sleep in.  I wake up, listen to the rain, decide I’m not missing anything outside and roll over and go back to sleep.  After a crazy summer schedule, it’s nice to settle in to the slower pace of fall.

No comments: